Monday, December 8, 2014

New Short Story!

So I can finally tell you my big news! I was asked to write a short story specifically for Wattpad's Science Fiction profile. Here's the short story collection.



And you may have seen that I posted the story itself on my sidebar. It's the story of a young woman looking for work in the near future, and who's taken a job on a near-earth asteroid.

I have to say, I didn't think I had it in me. I have always been so bad at writing short stories since I just love world building and my imagination always spins out of control and I end up with novel after novel. But over the past month and a half I put together this little ditty for you. I could so easily spin this short into an extended universe in which asteroid mining is a big deal, but I'm not sure that I want to. Maybe I'll just leave it as is and call my first successfully executed short story, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment