Friday, August 2, 2013

Another first draft

Camp NaNoWriMo

So I just (finally) finished another first draft of yet another novel thanks to Camp Nanowrimo. It was a difficult, gruelling and rewarding experience. Definitely more difficult to do in the summer as opposed to November. There were a few days there when I was sure I wasn't going to make it. But I pulled through with a monumental effort of 4,000 words a day for the last week.

Listening for the aliens...
It is a novel about an alien visitation to earth. Never thought in a million years that I've ever write a novel about that. But sometimes you just have to run with a good idea. So now that it's all wrapped up I guess a nice little vacation on a nice long weekend with my sweetie, opened with some BBQ and watching third encounters of the close kind. Or whatever it's called.

I always do this when I am writing something: the scourging of the narrative landscape for anything that might come close to the same idea as me. Because I like to think of my ideas as original and if they are not, I'd like to disabuse myself of the notion as soon as I possibly can.

Or maybe it's just an excuse to watch a bunch of alien movies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment