Sunday, April 7, 2013

Less than a Month until Course


So my writing course starts in a little less than a month and I am extremely excited. In the meantime I have been reading the textbook like a good little keener should:






It was expensive, as most textbooks are, but it just might have been worth it. I am only on the second chapter of it and I have to say it is an excellent book. The only issue I take with it is that it seems as though it is written specifically for writing literary fiction. And as much as I would love to consider myself an author of literary fiction, it seems by my choice of genre and my style (what I love to write) that I am an author of commercial fiction. The excellent advice might be a tiny bit easier to take if it were not for the undertone of ...artistic snobbery?

I have also obtained the recommended text as well:



Although I have yet to read it, I think it will be super helpful. Since I read a lot of novels anyways I think it would be beneficial to read through this book and learn from it as well over the next six months or so.

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment